The World Health Organization on Wednesday involved $675 million in donations for an idea to fight the novel coronavirus

Uncategorized

The World Health Organization on Wednesday involved $675 million (613 million euros) in donations for an idea to fight the novel coronavirus, mainly through investment in countries considered particularly “at risk”.
“Today we’re launching a strategic preparedness and response plan…. We’re requesting $675 million to fund the plan for subsequent three months,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference in Geneva.

“Our message to the international community is invest today or pay more later,” Tedros said, adding that the funding appeal was “much but the bill we’ll need to pay if we don’t invest in preparedness now”.

Tedros said $60 million of the funds would be for WHO operations while the rest would attend countries requiring assistance to protect against the deadly virus.

World has ‘window of opportunity’ to halt virus spread: WHO chief

The dramatic measures taken by China to rein within the deadly novel coronavirus outbreak have prevented significant spread abroad, providing a “window of opportunity” to halt transmission, the planet Health Organization chief says during a press brief…

He said WHO was sending 500,000 masks and 40,000 respirators to 24 countries from its warehouses in Dubai and Accra.

Tedros also hailed a $100 million donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation announced earlier on Wednesday for virus testing, treatment and vaccine research.

Asked about Britain’s involve its nationals to go away China, Tedros said: “That blanket approach might not help. We encourage all countries to form decisions supported evidence.”

He said a world expert mission being organised by WHO would be leaving for China “very, very soon”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *